Spring's New "Crop"

8:05 AM



Ah, the glorious vitamin D… lowered risk of diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, arthritis; need I go on? Something that is so beneficial, and also so enjoyable to take in. Spring is here, and the unthawing of our outside world is making for some wonderful days spent outside. I am so excited for these warmer days and enjoyable evenings where my coat isn’t always taking first priority. Plus, an outdoor market is an inexpensive way to brighten up your afternoon.

With the occasional sunshine poking its way through now that spring time has arrived, I have been spending some much needed time walking through the city, parks, and garden centers. Even though I enjoy my normal shirt/jeans combination- I like to find pieces that fit this category but can add something special. A wrap top is perfect for this job.

I’m seeing this design more and more, and each one has something new to offer; spicing up the original tee. So easily transformed, this blouse would look great with shorts, a skirt, or even baggier pants. But for a day out where I want a level of comfort, it was the perfect choice.

Especially now that the flowers and trees are starting to bloom, I see myself gravitating towards a slightly more feminine look in my wardrobe. The cropped aspect of the shirt brings a little edge, while the wrap around tie with a bow adds a delicate touch. Adding a piece like a lacey bralette underneath can help to accentuate the delicacy of the top.

When the trend first started, I have to say I was never really a fan of bottoms with a high-waisted fit. Recently, however, I decided to go for it and purchase a pair of high-waisted denim and I have to say I was surprised as to how they can change the look of a top piece; and they allow for less reveling crop tops. Being petite- they definitely help elongate my bottom half… who doesn’t want some extra length? When the rise comes up higher, it really brings out the natural curves that we all possess at our hips and waistline.

xx Hailey



















OUTFIT:

Wrap Top: Kimchi Blue Crush Wrap Top

Bralette: Out From Under Allover Scallop Lace Racerback Bralette

Jeans: BDG Twig High-Rise Skinny Jean

Boots: Janet Colorblock Boot

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Header image credit to Kat Spencer